samedi 7 avril 2012

A fish, the Moon, 2 books, fuschia flowers.

I had this picture in my mind as I was lazying on the beach and it came out exactly how I wanted it, which is very very unusual for me! It's probably strange and it's rather naïve but for some reason I love it and often look at it with contentment.


I photographed it, as it's too big for the scanner, so the lines aren't as they really are in my painting, perpendicular to the page...

Last two reads - the Choquette book I read/worked with for months, actually. I love Sonia Choquette, I discovered her books following Julia Cameron's bibliography. I'm opening up to a lot of things I never would have even considered, a few years back.  And it really helps.


The Coelho book was good, and interesting. I'll reread it, I think. I read only one book by Paulo Coelho before, when I was very young, about twenty. My best friend had lent it to me, it was The Alchemist. I liked it, but since, I never wanted to read Coelho again as I feel he's a bit commercially oriented (but who isn't?)


I bought myself a fushia and I'm in love with that plant. It's beautiful and to me it's linked with a personnal promise.

9 commentaires:

Boud a dit…

I love the fish jumping for the moon! thanks so much for showing us. It just has a kind of whimsy that works.

Unknown a dit…

Lots of interesting book covers they look great.

Minerva a dit…

My favourite is the fushia. Would you paint it again when it is in full bloom?

Lucia B. a dit…

Your paintings have wonderful colours, they bring joy to the eyes! I especially like the fushia!

Sue Brown a dit…

Just lovely :)

Cathy Holtom a dit…

I like the fish jumping out of the water!

meegan a dit…

wicked scene, i love it. so much colour in all your work. wonderful.

kazumiwannabe a dit…

Thanks a lot for your kind comments! And Sue, if you happen to read this comment, I've been trying to find your blog to comment and thank you but wasn't able to find it - so this is a special thanks to you!

Ann a dit…

I am late, but I have to say that I LOVE the fish and the moon. I can see why you are happy with it. It tells a story in a way, but also asks questions - good questions. The fushia is lovely too. I like that it's linked with personal promise. Wonderful!